We tried something a little different this year!  I love the idea of a literature based curriculum.  We have used Sonlight in the past with no issues at all!  In fact I love it!  But we did decide to try Heart of Dakota: Resurrection to Reformation.  At first I wasn't sure if I truly liked it or not.  I wasn't sure what Madison was getting out of it!  I like teaching as much to all my kiddos as possible.  I was doing this with the other two but not Madison.  I got to thinking that Josh wasn't getting a very strong History influence so I tried something drastic.  I started reading most of the curriculum assignments to all the kiddos and then gave them all or part of the assignment depending on their learning levels.  This was an amazing change in our day.  They love it when I read and I get much more out of it when I teach more together.  I think they enjoy doing the same assignments too!  They love to work together too!  I am trying to figure out if we do the same thing next year if it will be over the top of Josh's head or not but after looking at them, I think we could have some fun!

I wish I had some pictures to share with you!  I will have to get on that for this week and then share some of the activities for you!

Next review will be The Logic of English!  (Spoiler:  I love it and we are 4 lessons in!)
Labels: edit post
0 Responses

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...